Make sure you know the following things.
- How to run a Perl program on your system
- The three basic Perl variable types: scalars, arrays, and hashes
- Control structures such as while, if, for, and foreach
- Basic regular expressions
- List operators such as grep, map, sort, and print
- File manipulation such as open, file reading, and -X (file tests)
The final parts of this course deal with distributions and contributing to CPAN. To do that, you should apply for a PAUSE account now so itís ready to use when you get there.